This procedure will help in correcting the “The aging eye condition”, which presents in adults after 40 years old, it can reduce or eliminate the use of reading glasses and blurry vision from smaller and near objects.
Presbyopia, also known as “age-related farsightedness”, is a visual condition that causes difficulty in focusing on near objects, it typically occurs in individuals between the ages of 40 and 45 and tends to worsen over time.
The eyes have a natural lens that is in charge of focusing light and sending images to the retina. With age, this lens becomes more rigid, and the ciliary muscle, which is responsible for changing the shape of the lens, loses strength, making it difficult to focus on near objects.
Approximately 94% of the global population over 40 years old experiences presbyopia, and to date, there is no known preventive measure.
As this is a progressive condition, the following symptoms may appear or worsen over the years:
- Blurry vision at close distances.
- Visual fatigue.
- Need for increased lighting for close-up reading.
- Need to move objects further away to better see them.
There are different procedures for correcting presbyopia, known as refractive surgeries. Depending on the patient’s needs, the specialized physician may recommend one of the following:
- Excimer laser surgery: These are procedures such as LASIK that reshape the cornea to enhance proper light capture.
- Monovision: This involves correcting vision using laser procedures, where one eye is specialized for near vision and the other for far vision.
- Intraocular lens: These lenses replace the natural lens and correct the refraction of light. Multifocal lenses are sought after to restore both near and far vision.
At Eyexperts, our specialized doctors conduct a comprehensive evaluation of the ocular system for a professional and accurate diagnosis. With their experience, extensive knowledge, and state-of-the-art equipment, you can be assured that they will find a solution for your presbyopia. Don’t overlook any details anymore.
Eyexperts, we love your vision!